Did you hear a proverb, “A picture is worth a thousand words”? That’s definitely true if it comes to branding.
Until now in my articles I talked about branding, personal branding but I never explained in detail What Personal Branding Photography is and why you should actually care?
Last month I did a webinar on this topic, and I thought it would be also good to write an article about it as not everybody has time to watch webinars 😉
Let’s start from Personal Brand elements, which each brand should define:
- Audience – because when we are clear on who we are speaking to it’s easier for us to know which aspects of our personality we should highlight
- Unique offer – our special spark which sets us apart from others in our industry
- Brand massage – our slogan, our mission which makes our clients to relate to us
- Consistent visuals – logo, fonts, color pallet
- Personality and style – who we are, what we like, what we don’t like, our values, how we speak, how we behave.
Once we define those elements the best way to showcase them online is through Personal Branding Photography.
Personal Branding Photography is focused on the business owners and entrepreneurs. It provides magazine quality images which tell the story of their brand and connect with their audience on a personal level. The goal of Personal Branding Photography is to showcase a human part of it because especially now People want to buy from humans . They want to connect and have a feeling of trust.
The photos can include images of you, your team, your products, your daily activities, workspace and anything which connects with you and your business.
Why should you care about Personal Branding Photography? Because it has many benefits!
- Gives you Opportunity to make a good impression – we all know how important the first impression is. Whenever we are going to a blind date, job interview or trying to attract potential client. Branding photos give you lots of opportunities to make a good impression.
- Help you to stand out among competition – Let’s be honest. Competition is in all industries. And how many of your competitors have good personal branding photos and show them online or do they use repetitive stock photos? If people get a chance to see you, there is a bigger chance they will buy from you instead of just a company they don’t know much about.
- Creates connection with your audience and helps to build trust – Have you noticed that post of your face on Instagram get much more attention than any other posts? It’s because people are curious about the person behind the business. By showing how you look like, how your office look like. How you package your product or in which cup you like to drink your coffee you create a connection with your potential customer.
- Make you look professional – It’s like showing that you treat your business seriously. It helps to position you as an expert in your field.
- Will boost your confidence – after the right preparation, good make-up, beautiful outfit which complements your figure and some good posing and lighing you will definitely get a great result which will make you feel like a fearless businesswoman who has a courage to conquer the world!
It’s all about presenting who you are, what service or products you provide, and what sets you and your brand apart in a sea of other people who offer similar products and services.